Newport, RI is easily one of my favorite places to go in New England. It is perfect for a romantic getaway or a girls weekend and whether you have a day or a full weekend, you can easily find something to fill the time.
While Newport can easily be a weekend trip, the area is expensive. If you’re looking to have a budget friendly trip to Newport, I recommend going during the off season or making it a day trip.
- Club Wyndham on Long Wharf ($559 summer, $399 shoulder season, $159 off season)
- Gilded ($269 summer, $233 shoulder season, $170 off season)
Itinerary: $176 (for 2) + Dinner and Shopping
You can enjoy the best of Newport in a good solid day, or you can make the trip more leisurely and spread it out over multiple days. Either way, my favorite things are outlined below.
- Visit The Breakers Vanderbilt Mansion ($26)
- You can also add on additional mansions for a discounted price.
- Park at Easton Beach and Walk the Cliff Walk
- 3.5 mile stroll overlooking the ocean and several beautiful ocean front properties
- Relax at Easton Beach ($25 out of state)
- Head to Bowens Wharf for shopping and dinner. A few restaurants that I’d recommend with decent food and great views.
- Wharf Southern Kitchen and Whiskey
- Giusto Newport
- The Mooring Seafood Kitchen and Bar
- Take a sunset sail around Narragansett Bay ($50)
- This was one of my absolute favorite things that I have done in Newport. It was worth every penny.
- Classic Cruises of Newport does a Champagne Sunset Sail (Madeleine) that is all that you can drink. The captain and staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable so it was a perfect evening with a beautiful sunset and views. #ClassicCruises #Newportsunsetsail #Madeleine
If you’re there for the weekend, add a tasting at Newport Vineyard!