What kind of vacations do I plan?
- Outdoors and Activity
- National Parks
- Stay Immersed
A little about me
My husband and I like to travel, but like most of us, we don’t get to do it as much as we’d like as budget and vacation time, tend to get in the way. So I make it my goal to plan each vacation to be the best possible. I figure that there are so many places to see in the world, that I do not want to feel that I need to go back to any specific location. Don’t get me wrong, we have hit the same place more than once, but only because we loved it so much, not because I felt like I had missed something.
I work in the pharmaceutical industry as a director of an analytical chemistry and biochemistry lab. Because my job is mentally demanding, I escape and relax by planning my next vacation. My personal mental escape during lunchtime. I enjoy every aspect of planning a successful vacation from selecting the location, the hotels (or other accommodations), the flights, the itinerary, and the food options. I even enjoy running the budget and determining which options are really worth the money and which we can find a less expensive option.
My Goal for this Blog
Since I spend so much time planning my own trips, I figured that other people might find it helpful so I plan to share with you:
- The trip: Itinerary. Entertainment. Accommodations. Travel options. Food
- What other options did I consider and why I ultimately chose the trip that I did
- How did it go? Would I have made any changes?
- Identify the where and the when
- Identify your budget
- Evaluate accommodations, flights, and travel options
- Pull together an itinerary mixed with sightseeing, activity, and R&R